Derived from my semi-popular and little known "Barely Surviving" zombie story, I have decided to reboot it here. Basically, the forum format is best for this kind of story, as it allows several groups to exist at once, as well as provide narratives from many different survivors, offering a more rich experience. Before we get started here, there are some rules:
Rules of the Zombie Apocalypse
1. No godmodding: Everyone in this story is a normal human. There are no super powers, just ordinary people with weapons.
2. No Mary-Sues or Marty-Stus: You cannot have some perfect-at-everything and totally-no-flaws character. This is something highly unrealistic in even the normal world, much less the zombie apocalypse, where everyone's messed up from the things they have to do to survive.
3. You can ony control your own character: Any character owned by you is under your control. You cannot kill off, injure, or in some way determine the fate of a character owned by another user. If the character belongs to you, you may kill them off to your leisure.
4. Keep the atmosphere appropriate: Gritty, dark, and sarcastic or sardonic humor is okay in harsh times, as many people cope this way in real times of tragedy. But acting inappropriately or too "silly" or ridiculous is not permitted. Keep character reactions as realistic as you can. So yes, that means no randomly bursting into the "Thriller" dance with the zombies while wearing nothing but a sombrero. Keep it real.
5. Try to keep posts longer than just RP-style asterisk based things: Describe how your character feels, what they see, etc. You don't need to have incredible writing and grammar skills or use intense vocabulary, just be in the mindset of your character and stay in character. You don't have to write a novel either. Even just a few sentences will do so long as they provide your character's insight.
6. Keep it relevant: No external posts will be permitted. Everything in the roleplay blog needs to be pertinent to the roleplay.
7. There is a character limit: Each person will be permitted 3 living characters to control. Zombies/walkers/biters are free for anyone to control, but you cannot kill off another person's character without their permission.
8. Have fun: Does this part even need to be explained?
TIP: Do not commit your character to a team unless you are going to be able to post often. If you join a team with other users and do not post as frequently as needed to, you will hold the others up.
Character Fill-In Form
Below this post, you will be able to create your zombie apocalypse character. There is a format to fill out, so I will start by posting mine below. Use mine as a model.